New Year, New Look



aaaaagh, 39 hours of programming later, I've finally finished my attempt at making my blog resemble an online magazine!

Lost some bits and pieces of code along the way... the pictures stretch when viewed in IE... had to redo a number of widgets which broke during the transfer and LinkWithin disappeared :-(...

Added a few extra features like the BELTfree Master Feed to the bottom and totally revised my blog roll to help you find other great ELT bloggers. 


Lemme see, what else - hopefully, I have made it easier for you to navigate your way around the blog through the new menu bars. 

If you, by any chance, find any typos, silly mistakes or there's any other issue that's confusing - please, please do let me know as I completely depend on your eyes and fingers for feedback!

Click on HOME to see the full effect :-)

Enjoy!
Karenne

13 Responses to “New Year, New Look”

  • Unknown says:
    January 24, 2010

    Love the new look! Guess it is time to look at my boring Blogger template. Then again, it is more about the content right?

    That said, I find the format very easy to navigate and the fact that you can see more of the posts with less scrolling is a plus.

    Thanks for taking the time to repackage your great content! As one of your faithful readers I certainly appreciate it!

  • Shelly Terrell says:
    January 24, 2010

    Karenne,

    I really like the new look. I was amazed when clicking home! Like Patrick says it's about the content but you have always had that grade A!

  • Breaking News English says:
    January 24, 2010

    You've achieved what you set out to do in stylish fashion Karenne - Your home page is incredibly 'magaziny'- Nice work. I hope your hard work brings in the increased readership it deserves :-)
    Best wishes,
    Sean

  • Natasa says:
    January 24, 2010

    Beautiful. And so easy to navigate. I wonder how you did that. But you say it was complicated and I am not very good with HTML. Maybe one day.
    In the meantime, I have installed one of those free Blogger templates. And changed my tagline. Do drop by when you find the time, I would love to get feedback from you.
    BTW, I like the way you have categorised your posts. I think Rants are going to be especially popular.

  • Anna Pires says:
    January 24, 2010

    Looking great, Karenne! Well done! I'm so glad you kept the header. You always make me think of the sea.

    Anna

  • Janet Bianchini says:
    January 24, 2010

    Hi Karenne

    I love the new look and it's great on the eye! I also like the "magazine" effect - it's lovely!

    You are a constant source of inspiration. Well done!

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    January 25, 2010

    Hi Patrick - thanks so much, am very glad to hear that you enjoy my blog and new look...

    If you check out the bottom of my post you'll find a link to the "source" of the new look - which I then changed for my own purposes, however do check out Natasa's blog too - (below, just click on her name) she got hers from Blogger Templates

    -it's generally not too hard to download and load up a new look, the main issue is when you have lots of widgets and if you want to adapt something for a more personal feel that it takes so long to do!!!

    Hey ya Sean, thank you!!!

    Thanks so much Anna (great pic of you by the way) I love this picture too - my baby brother, Martin, took it!

    Shelly, Janet, you guys want me to blush or something :-)? Am very glad you like the changes - am happy, took me weeks to decide how to do this and then careful transfer on a test blog and then into this one and then I lost everything for a few hours... scary tomatoes and a couple of nights of work until 3 :-( but phew, that'll be the last template change... no more widgets, no more widgets...until the next time!

  • Unknown says:
    January 25, 2010

    Hi there

    Love the new look, very fresh, very clean. I know I'm just one of many who are going to comment like this, but it's true: a great looking site!

  • Marisa Constantinides says:
    January 25, 2010

    You both amaze me and frighten me sometimes!!!

    Am thrilled with this new look and know what fiddly doo-da's you must have gone through!

    Agree with Lindsay... and look reflects the feel of your blog, for me always an adventure full of new discoveries.

    Congratulations Karenna mia...

    Marisa

  • rliberni says:
    January 26, 2010

    I agree with Marisa, stop scaring us all!!
    It looks wonderful, so streamlined and fresh. Love all your pics as ever!
    Been working on mine too but it's still a bit of a clunker!Am now inspired to do more!
    Love it - good luck with it all!
    Berni

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    January 26, 2010

    Lindsay, Marisa, Berni - shucks, you guys... thank you!

    Btw, you know I couldn't write a single piece of HTML two years ago?

    If someone said back then, that one day I'd be combing through a back page for a missing b:if and reading the message your blog cannot be parsed (or something like that I didn't bother to translate) + "you need an end /div tag" - crying because there are thousands of /divs in a template... well... I'd have laughed at them!!

    However, at the end of the day, it's not actually that hard to learn so don't be afraid :-)... it's kinda fun.

    But no... I won't do yours :-)))

  • Anne Hodgson says:
    January 26, 2010

    Nice, beachy colors, Karenne. Yes, it must have been very fiddly. All's well that ends so well. Keep that magic feeling, Karenne, to carry you through until you can next feel the sand under your feet.

  • little_miss_bossy says:
    February 07, 2010

    You did it!

    Love the new look :)

    Next time you want a change it's doing to be a lot quicker ;)

 

Visitors and Regular Readers

Facebook

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Communities of Practice

Blog Archive

Directories, catalogs and Back Links

Adult Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites



The EFL ESL Blog List TotalESL.com - ESL/EFL/TEFL Teaching Jobs and Teacher Resumes

International Blogging Directory

Recent Posts

Simply Conversations

Pedagogically sound materials designed to get your students actively talking:

Free Samples
Conversation Control

Shop
General English
Business English
ESP



Learn more on why these work