Coming soon...

I've decided to do a Ken Wilson on you because as I trawl through my draft posts and glance at the whiteboard near my desk, my heart sinks under the weight of everything that needs to be done ASAP (namely the final week of my Blended Learning project, feedback to 30 students; changes to our (ELTAS) tech-tools day in July and other stuff like that)...

I'm simply not moving fast enough, sorry...

So, here's a quick look see at what's coming as soon as there's time!

  • newly recorded version of the History of English poem which I did at the IATEFL Pechua Kucha Night (complete with slides and a webquest activity to do with your students if you'd like to) - Shelly Terrell was an absolute doll and met up with me the other night to do this again.
  • the ESL/EFL carnival which looks like I'm going to have to transform this into a Prezi,  because the blog post is just too long (but very much worth the wait).
  • a report on the IATEFL LT-SIG day
  • a report on the blended learning/dogme project I've been working on for the last 5 months
  • a series of e-tivities which worked with my adult BE students on Ning
  • an explanation regarding the cost breakdown of coursebooks, written by a major international publisher!!
  • an interview with the incredible Nicky Hockly as part of the She-in-ELT series
  • a series on edu-blogging in which I will be guest-posting on various other bloggers' blogs rather than my own!
  • a summing up of the crowd-wise series plus downloadahle e-book

and there's probably more but can't bring it all to mind right now.


See you soon,

Karenne
p.s. don't forget you can subscribe to my blog via RSS feed or get email versions - see the side bar or ask if you're not sure how -  in the meantime, thanks so much for your patience.

image credit:
Prague Clock by Kainet

14 Responses to “Coming soon...”

  • Anna Pires says:
    April 17, 2010

    You are Wonder Woman! But how do you find time for everything?! Really looking forward to all these exciting things.

    Luv,
    Anna

  • Ken Wilson says:
    April 18, 2010

    Looks like a fun set of stuff on your 'to do' list. Just one question- in what way is this 'doing a Ken Wilson'?? I don't work anywhere NEAR as hard as this! :)

  • Paul Maglione says:
    April 18, 2010

    At the very least, you should benefit from a personal sponsorship by Nespresso. And the awarding of the Order of Multitasking Merit. Impressive!

  • admin says:
    April 18, 2010

    You are amazing Karenne! I can't wait to watch your pecha kucha poem on History of English on your blog!!

  • Adam says:
    April 18, 2010

    I'll do a guest post for you if you'd like.

  • Natasa says:
    April 18, 2010

    Wow! Great stuff! Just take it easy, we can wait. We will wait.

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    April 19, 2010

    Thank you so much guys, was feeling very guilty and appreciate the support :) - I think I've forgotten how to get 27 hours out of the day!

    Adam, yes please! I'm especially interested in posts for the She-in-ELT series. Interviews or essays about women in our field - if you can think of someone to write about, especially the ladies who've worked very hard at producing great materials or methodologies throughout the years, I'd be eternally grateful!

  • Tara Benwell says:
    April 19, 2010

    Great Karenne! I'm especially looking forward to the last point in your list! Sometimes the best thing you can do when you are feeling overwhelmed with your own to-do list is to take a day off at the library. That's what I do! : )
    Tara

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    April 19, 2010

    Next week, next week... Thanks so much Tara, you#re absolutely right - hearing my "overwhelmed voice" too - a bit scary juggling this many balls at times! :)

    p.s. Ken, sorry - missed your question- "doing a Ken Wilson" means offering up a sample of what's coming next (like you do on your blog).

  • Gavin Dudeney says:
    April 19, 2010

    I'm confused.. I thought 'doing a Ken Wilson' meant getting other people to write your blog for you ;-)

    Gavin

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    April 19, 2010

    Gavin, you are a very bad boy. Ken put him in the dog box.

  • Barbara Sakamoto says:
    April 20, 2010

    Karenne, you are ALWAYS worth the wait!

  • Janet Bianchini says:
    April 20, 2010

    Definitely can wait as long as it takes, Karenne. I know it will be well worth it! Just take your time, and enjoy all these wonderful projects that you have going.

  • Anne Hodgson says:
    April 25, 2010

    Dear Karenne, it's all good! Cut yourself some slack. Sunshine beckons!

 

Visitors and Regular Readers

Facebook

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Communities of Practice

Directories, catalogs and Back Links

Adult Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites



The EFL ESL Blog List TotalESL.com - ESL/EFL/TEFL Teaching Jobs and Teacher Resumes

International Blogging Directory

Recent Posts

Simply Conversations

Pedagogically sound materials designed to get your students actively talking:

Free Samples
Conversation Control

Shop
General English
Business English
ESP



Learn more on why these work