A picture for you of the world on the outskirts of our PLN... and sometimes within:
- DM: Put me on your blog roll, I need you to make me famous!!
- DM: Retweet my links for me, I need you to make me famous!!!
- @kalinagoenglish Come and comment on my blog! You will love it!!!!
- RT 457 of my 3rd post ever! #edchat #edtech #eltchat #tefl #efl #eltpics #dogmeme #tefl
- Hey EduVIP look at me! Today! Like you have to know this: I'm your BIGGEST fan, like you know, ever! Did I tell you how fab all your pictures of food are!!! They make me so hungry I just want to come live with you and curl up in your kitchen. Did you look at me yet?
Nothing But Narcissism
- Feeling lonely over here, my blog needs your comments. Come over and write your thoughts but don't forget to hit the RT button on your way out :-))))
- I don't have time to comment on other people's blogs and stuff because as you know, I'm busy making a ginormous wiki about grocery shopping in Sainsbury's: I'm going to label everything according to aisle. I will need all the EduBloggers help on that so don't forget to RT on your way out.
- Having dinner with VIPx and his darling wife tonight! We'll be eating mushroom soup. Have you RTed my dinner plans yet?
- Just had a cup of coffee, I love my Java. Especially first thing in the morning. Have you posted that to Facebook and Stumble Upon yet? I wanna have 30,000 followers see. Then I'll be the best.
- Sitting in a traffic jam. I'm going to paint my toenails tonight. I think I'll paint them violet. Then everyone will acknowledge my truest deepest amazingness.
- Arrived in Casablanca, staying at €€€hotel, dontcha wish you was me: twitpic2078359304 - oh you're so unlucky not to be mee, meee, meeee.
The Truly Tacky
- Just bought a 4G so now I'm as handsome and as awesome as Steve Jobs!
- Can you link to our website via your blog?
- Win the chance to win an i-touch by coming to our website and registering your email address with us so we can spam you non-stop about our amazing products we're sure you're passionate to buy!
- Holy smokes! I've got 500 fans on Twitter! I never knew I was so intelligent!
- Just heading to the loo. Let's talk about what people do in loos, shall we?
- Just twitted my 1000th thought today. "I've been very busy and productive today."
- Hey! We have a product we know you'll love to bits and we want you to feature it on your blog! RT and spread the word!!!
- How about those lovely balloons of Ms Spears? Bouncy!
Useful to think about:
I love hearing from you!
I remember the last time I did a dry-humour post on social-notworking, Twitter: in the space of 140 characters, a handful of the wonderful people I follow got a wee bit upset and thought I was talking about them.... Lovely folks, if I'm still following you, you don't have to worry.
I'm just doing some clean-up. And, important disclaimer, obviously I too in my forays into the world of social-media undoubtedly made my own fair share of the above mistakes (and others).
Please add your thoughts if you enjoyed this piece and you feel like there's something you would like to question, add or say about it - don't worry about perfection or agreeing with me as it's always a pleasure to hear from you and know your own opinions.
What bothers you about Twitter and EduSocialMedia?
And by the way, have you already written about this specific subject or something similar? Do please add your link as I welcome the opportunity to participate in your conversations too! :-)
Check on your TweetPsych
- Why Narcissistic Personality Disorder loves Twitter, Social Media RockStar
- Does twitter breed narcissism? by Social Media Today
- Short outbursts on twitter, New York Times
- Zen and the art of Twitter, Mashable
- The 46 stages of Twitter, Diary of a country wife
- Twitter as 100 people, Mashable
- Twitter spammers, Mashable
- 20 reasons people unfollow you on Twitter, Small Biz Trends
Advice on using Twitter as a teacher, as a conversation medium
- Posts I've written previously about Twitter
- Posts Sue Lyon Jones has written previously about Twitter
- The English Language Teachers' guide to Twitter
- Connect to the world by Shelly Terrell (excellent presentation)
- Best resources for learning about Twitter by Larry Ferlazzo
- Best apps for using Twitter by Ozge Karaoglu
Advice on using Twitter if you'd doing so as an educational company
- 50 ideas on using Twitter for business, Chris Brogan
- The content/engagment balance by Forrest Kobayashi
- We decide if you're influential, not you by The Social Customer
Russell Stannard for his Teacher Training video How to MakeBeliefscomix