Ask for Help - EdTech Tip #14

"sMarty..." I whined to my baby brother busy sitting in the corner checking on his FB friends via his i-touch.

"Wa' you want?" He didn't bother to look up.

I handed him my LG Prada.

"Can you check this out for me and tell me how it works?"

I've had the phone for about 4 months now and apart from the obvious features: the ones that my HTC had or the ones I've needed for classes, I really haven't had the time or inclination to explore. Besides, so much easier when someone tells you where everything is, reading instructions is for chumps :-).

As expected, 15 minutes later Martin found out how to use the radio and take panoramic pictures.

Cool.

Don't need either feature for classes but then my whole life isn't actually in the classroom.



Do you have someone in your life (your son, niece or nephew, spouse) who is a digital native or a fully integrated immigrant?


Don't sit there, ignoring the changes in our world today... drumming up cliches & excuses and missing out on all the things which can make your teaching work easier, fun, more effective...

Ask for help.



Your Options


Teach yourself:
  • type "how to xyz" in Google
  • type "how to xyz" in Youtube

Join a Ning:

Join Twitter & follow the #edtech hashtag

Read more in this series of tech-tips or TEFL lessons with a techie edge:


Subscribe
to these ELT-EdTech bloggers/posts:
& General Education EdTech Bloggers
Do a 6 week course for free with EVO online

Go to national & international conferences and attend tech-based workshops.

Do a course through the Consultants-e: (I took their wiki training with Ana d'Almeida, an excellent trainer based in Brazil.)

Best,
Karenne

1 Response to “Ask for Help - EdTech Tip #14”

  • Janet Bianchini says:
    January 06, 2010

    Thanks Karenne for this very useful list of EduTech tips. I love your panoramic picture. It's fantastic!

    I wouldn't be where I am today without the technical support of my dear hubby Karl. I am and always will be a technophobe at heart. This computer with all my work on was resurrected from the ashes when it crashed with a huge bang a while back. Karl is a fixer of all types of machines, so I can always rely on his help.

    All the best

    Janet

 

Visitors and Regular Readers

Facebook

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Communities of Practice

Blog Archive

Directories, catalogs and Back Links

Adult Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites



The EFL ESL Blog List TotalESL.com - ESL/EFL/TEFL Teaching Jobs and Teacher Resumes

International Blogging Directory

Recent Posts

Simply Conversations

Pedagogically sound materials designed to get your students actively talking:

Free Samples
Conversation Control

Shop
General English
Business English
ESP



Learn more on why these work