Bring on the teenies...

The decade of the uh-oh's is finally done.

Hallelujah!!

For me those ten years were made up of:

A marriage... a divorce, surviving volcanic eruptions and political coups, moving from South America to Germany, completing a full-length screenplay, not selling said screenplay, trying to sell a conversation skills supplementary book then putting pieces of it for sale online instead, working on an animation film, writing materials for Klett, meeting President Obama, joining facebook, completing a pilgrimage across the north of Spain, creating this blog... abandoning the other one... becoming addicted to Twitter and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember...

'xcept co-convincing someone important that there really is a paradigm shift going on in education today :-)


What's next?

No doubt another roller coaster of a ride but also...
  • teacher training for teaching associations
  • presenting at conferences
  • participating/hosting online training sessions
  • more writing... tons more writing
  • more blogging... lots, lots, lots more blogging

and hopefully...
  • studying film and its application to learning English
  • some kind of techie related job, related to the above
  • coming back home (Grenada) and working online from here
  • lots of pictures with loads of ultra-cool ELT people :-)
  • some travel (Tibet, Machu Picchu, Pyramids)


How was your decade?

What are you hoping to get out of the teenies?

How are you hoping to develop professionally or personally?

Whatever it is, I truly wish you much happiness, heaps of passion in your journey and many, many smiles along the way!

Best,
Karenne

New Year Lesson (Abba video, worksheet, conversation prompts)

6 Responses to “Bring on the teenies...”

  • JasonOutThere says:
    January 01, 2010

    Hi Karenne
    I'm feeling exhausted having read what you did in the last ten years!
    We still haven't had that chat have we? :-)
    It is hard to keep up with everything going on isn't it. I know I feel shattered from pursuing things that seem promising and exciting but drain me at the same time.
    All the best for the coming year/decade and keep up the good work.
    Jason

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    January 01, 2010

    Hey Jason,

    Happy New Year!! And welcome back - and you're right, our Skype chat got lost in the palaver of November and December!

    Don't lose the faith: simply look at it as a roller coaster - nought to be taken with much seriousness at the end of the day.

    We try, we fail, we succeed, we fall down, we get back up again, we get lost, we find the path again and we keep on walking.

    (and that's pretty much the summary of what I learned on my pilgrimage!)

  • Janet Bianchini says:
    January 01, 2010

    Hi Karenne

    Happy New Year! I am sure you will fulfill all your dreams in the coming year. You know exactly what you want. How to achieve it will therefore come naturally.

    As for me, my decade was fairly standard stuff until 2009- that was the year life became very exciting and unpredictable. I can't wait to see what the teenies have in store!

    Thank you so much for playing a big role in my PLN. I look forward to sharing lots more with you in this fabulous new year.

    I wish you lots of happiness in everything you do.

    All the best

    Janet

  • RoxE says:
    January 01, 2010

    Wow. A long decade? No, just busy and fruitful. I hope the next decade brings you even more fruits.

    I hope Grenada and Germany find a happy balance in the New Year and I also hope that we can see each other more.

    Latest read: Pillars of the Earth. Recommended by my mother. You should take a look. Not inspirational - perhaps I should be reading something more inspirational - just plain fun.

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    January 01, 2010

    Rox, I miss you heaps, beyond words. Ta, sweetie for writing on my blog... I have to find a way to come see you and Eduar when the new baby comes. I promise. Beso, amiga mia.

  • Shelly Terrell says:
    January 02, 2010

    Happy New Year Karenne! Anticipating more great posts from you in 2010! You've accomplished so much in 2009! Way to go!

 

Visitors and Regular Readers

Facebook

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Communities of Practice

Blog Archive

Directories, catalogs and Back Links

Adult Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites



The EFL ESL Blog List TotalESL.com - ESL/EFL/TEFL Teaching Jobs and Teacher Resumes

International Blogging Directory

Recent Posts

Simply Conversations

Pedagogically sound materials designed to get your students actively talking:

Free Samples
Conversation Control

Shop
General English
Business English
ESP



Learn more on why these work